Note to users upgrading from the 1.x version.
This upgrade contains breaking changes that may impact your current usage habits.
If you have set the option "After space key down, ignore pre-defined keys within x seconds" to a value less than 0.2 seconds, this upgrade (2.0.4) will reset the value to a minimum of 0.2 seconds.
See the upgrade guide for details. (You'll also find downgrade information on that page.)
- Fixed Run AppleScript action crash
- Fixed an issue where Simulate Keystroke actions would not be executed immediately, and would only be triggered on the next action.
- Provided more options for "After space key down, ignore pre-defined keys within x seconds" to cater to version 1.x users' habits.
- If "Launch at login" option is enabled, the settings window will not be displayed when SpaceLauncher is launched as a login item.
- Added the ability to continuously trigger multiple actions by holding down the leader key and pressing different trigger keys.
- You can now prevent triggering other actions after executing a specific one by enabling "End Leader Key State After Action Execution" for that action. This setting is particularly useful when your action activates a floating window and you want to avoid having your window resign.
- All delay options are now grouped under the Advanced settings.
- Added a "Never" option to the "After space key down, ignore pre-defined keys within x seconds" setting for backward compatibility, but its usage is not recommended.
- Added an action for switching input methods.
- Fixed issues with the Simulate Keystroke action.
- Fixed UI jitter in the settings page.
- Fixed an issue where holding down the space key and triggering multiple actions could unexpectedly terminate and prevent further triggering of actions with trigger keys.
- In the "Disable in these applications" setting, a display of the most recently used leader keys in applications has been added to facilitate disabling applications that conflict with SpaceLauncher.
This is a major update with many new features.
- Added app-specific key bindings.
For example, pressing Space-C in TextEdit performs a Duplicate action, but pressing Space-C in Finder performs a Compress action. (via the new Run Command Menu)
- Added leader key settings.
You hold down spacebar while pressing a key to perform an action, now the spacebar can be changed, I refer to the spacebar as a leader key. See [more details](/references/leader-key.html).
It is also possible to set different key bindings for different leader keys.
This may not be necessary for you, but it is more fun.
- More actions
- Run Menu Command
- Open App with arguments
- Open File/Folder with give applications
- Leader Key Indicator
A blue icon is displayed in the upper left corner of the screen after leader keys are pressed.
When displayed, it indicates that trigger keys can be pressed to perform an action.
If you encounter any issues, please don't hesitate to contact me via the support page.
- Added preferences export/import
- Removed usage column
- Updated minimum deployment target to 11.0
- Fixed hint window display issues.
- Notarized by Apple. (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode/notarizing_macos_software_before_distribution)
- Removed the experimental functions added previously in the 1.5.0-alpha and 1.5.0-beta versions.
- Fixed keystroke simulation issues.
- Fixed "Add Child Key" issue.
- Fixed keystroke simulation issue.
- Added repeated keystroke simulation support.
- Fixed issues that slow down users' normal typing.
- Fixed "Disable in these applications"
- Changed command and control keystrokes are not treated as normal typing.
- Updated third-party frameworks.
- Added configuration file auto backup (~/Library/Application Support/name.guoc.SpaceLauncher/backups/).
- Added hide-app-if-running URL parameter. (e.g. file:///Applications/Notes.app?hide-app-if-running=yes)
- Added switch-to-previous-app URL parameter. (e.g. file:///Applications/Notes.app?switch-to-previous-app=yes)
- Fixed an issue where Finder's windows could not appear.
- Added Internet connection information for LittleSnitch Connection Alert.
- Fixed some keystroke simulation issues.
- In hint windows, hide URLs if comments exist.
- Change hint window's text styles- Fix the crash caused by system time adjustment.
- Fix rows configuration failure caused by input source list loading failure.
- Fix wrong keys menu for non-default keyboard layout.
- Stop showing preferences window at launch.
- Stop reporting failures of accessing bundleURL of some apps.
- Add menu icon indicator to show your typing states (typing, spacebar down).
- Add option: show icon in menu bar.
- Support execution of AppleScript .scpt file and executable binary files.
- Add new URL query parameters: "execute-this-file", "percent-encoded-parameters" (separated by "::separator::").
- Now "reactivate-current-app" query parameter works for all URLs.
- Fix usage information does not update.
- Fix keystroke simulation settings' layout.
- Change "After space key down, ignore pre-defined keys within 0.2 seconds"'s default value to 0.
- Disable SpaceLauncher for 0.2 seconds (can be set) after your last typing.
This feature requires Accessibility permission to decide the moments to disable/enable its functions when you start/finish typing. From this version, SpaceLauncher is not able to work without Accessibility permission.
- Add an option to show pre-release updates.
- Change the option name to "After space key down, ignore *pre-defined* keys within ..." to avoid confusion.
- Add reactivate-current-app query parameter for built-in URL scheme.
Now you can switch input method without losing current focus. You need to reconfigure corresponding actions to add this parameter automatically, or append "?reactivate-current-app=yes" after the URLs manually.
- Add: configuration for disabling in some applications
- Add: switch to an input method
- Fix incorrect available keys' menu when add action with a selected sub row.
- Fix space input issue when recognition delay is set to 0.